Friday, April 12, 2013

Chocolate Scrabble, W;t and Puppies - I'm never gonna catch my breath!

Greetings, Vandyland!

This is Samantha, with my last blogpost for the year. I know, I know, about four weeks from now you're going to start feeling a little lost and as if something is missing without a blogpost from me. It's okay! I recommend turning to the vlogbrothers youtube channel for a blogging experience way cooler and funnier than mine, if you don't already. 

For my final post, I'm going to give you a list of three stereotype defying things I genuinely think will make your weekend great.

1: Come hang out with us, Defying Gravity! We're leaving from Highland at 5:30 on Friday to grab some Satay. After that, it's chocolate Scrabble time. Yes, my dears, competition, lexical adventure, and chocolate all in one. For those of you who haven't got a clue, some how I'll make a word master out of you! :)

2: Grab a few friends and see W;t  It's a touching play about a professor who receives a cancer diagnosis and has to say goodbye to those who knew her. It won a Pulitzer in '99 and one of her peers literally shaved her head for her role. You can see this masterpiece at Neely Auditorium on Friday and Saturday night at 8pm!

3: Play with a puppy. You deserve it, okay? School is demanding. A demanding life is stressful. And stress is dissolved by puppies. This is just science, y'all. Masala-SACE and Vandy PAWS are hosting a puppy play day on Saturday. If you're doing anything else from 3-6 - pack up, you're through. Central Library lawn is the place to be!




Regardless of what you do this weekend, I hope that you have a renewing 48 hours. As finals approach, I hope you find a way to be tranquil as a forest, but on fire within. Once you find your center, you are sure to win. As we face demanding times, we must be swift as a coursing river, with all the strength of a great typhoon. And if you do that, you will have saved us all...I mean, you'll have overcome a fierce obstacle. :D

And isn't that what Defying Gravity is all about?

Love and farewell,
Sam


PS: Mulan makes the best inspirational study music. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment