Sunday, December 2, 2012

Finals Rock

This past week has been SO MUCH FUN. You know what's the best time to schedule your fun social events and performances? The two weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas when everyone's cramming for finals. Um, not really. But hey, I'm not complaining; I saw two wonderful shows this week and I would not have missed them for the world.
The first one-
Freshman showcase 2012
Vanderbilt University Theatre

Yes! It's exactly what the title says.
Every year VUT puts on a show in December featuring freshmen and directed & designed by students!
The first-years this year are so talented. So are the director and designers. There were 3 short comedies and a lot of thespian fun.
It was absurdly hilarious. (Absurdist plays are my fav. If you don't know what theatre of the absurd is, check out Waiting for Godot or Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf )
I refuse to tell you more. That will make you want to go to our shows in the future.
So there. Ha!

The second one--

Holiday Concert
Vanderbilt University Concert Choir

3 of our Mayfielders have been in choir and one of us is currently in choir.
It was wonderful.
One of my favorites was '12 Days After Christmas'. it was vengeful, gritty and dark, just the way Christmas songs are supposed to be.

No it was funny.

Something else that I really really need to share with the world-
I have the most wonderful friends in the world. They're so nice that I can't believe I'm friends with them and I live with them and I'm doing this project with them! Yeah! So, dear reader, when you read their blogposts, please note that you're reading the blogposts of some of the people who're making the world a better place.


So anyways, it's my birthday to and my fellow blogger-housemates prepared a surprise for me. I heard a commotion outside my door. And then I took a moment to comb my hair so I don't look like a mess. And then I took another moment to concentrate and rehearse my surprised face. The ladies baked a sticky bread cake. It's like a cake but it tastes like bread. It has enough cinnamon and sugar to keep me happy and sane till February. I. LOVE. CINNAMON. I ALSO GOT A CARD WHICH IS ON MY WALL NOW, ALONG WITH THE ONE THEY GAVE ME LAST YEAR AND THE ONE MY FRESHMAN YEAR ROOMMATE GAVE ME AND OTHER THINGS.
(Okay, I'll stop. I'm not demonstrating sanity heer)

No comments:

Post a Comment